The Southern Tier Clean Energy Incubator is one of six NYSERDA - funded incubators in New York State, whose mission is to provide critical resources to promote successful Clean Energy businesses.
Experts in the clean energy field work hands-on with member startups to ensure progress and maximize impact.
The program's connection with Binghamton University can match researchers and graduate students with SCI members . The XCEED program can pay for interns, the I-Corps program provides customer discovery grants, and the Startup-NY program can alleviate tax costs for ten years.
Out of State Members
76West Clean Energy Competition Finalists
The Southern Tier Clean Energy Incubator (SCI) program leverages deep research and development resources at Binghamton University and the Koffman Incubator to offer a full suite of mentoring, networking, training and technical support to emerging clean energy companies
Funded by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) SCI strives to start, attract, and grow clean energy companies to drive economic growth and further Governor Andrew M. Cuomo’s ambitious clean energy goals.
SCI is headquartered at the Koffman Southern Tier Incubator in downtown Binghamton, NY. The facility offers office space, wet and dry labs, conference rooms, co-working spaces and public reception areas. The Koffman serves as a central hub for clean energy entrepreneurial activity in the region.
Benefitsof becoming a SCI member
- Access to strategic mentors and connections
- Member-only grant opportunities
- Opportunity to take space at the Koffman Incubator
- Inclusion in a diverse business ecosystem
- Promotion of your company through multiple partner channels
Programsin which SCI members can access
- NSF I-Corps Program – Provides grants for customer discover up to $50,000
- XCEED – Provides and pays for interns from Binghamton University to progress your company while developing skills of their own.
- STARTUP-NY – Allows qualified companies to operate NYS tax-free for up to ten years when partnered with an affiliate university.
Become a Memberof the Southern Tier Clean Energy Incubator
- The SCI program is offered cost-free to companies. (A co-working membership or office space within the Koffman Incubator will be required)
- Applicants must be a legal entity with a clean energy focus within their business offerings or business model.
- Reach out to the team and inquire for an application.
Meet the Talent
Mike Jagielski, Program Director
Michael (Mike) Jagielski is a seasoned business executive and technology entrepreneur with over 30 years of experience working with CEO’s of companies ranging from SMB to Fortune 100. Mike was previously with Micatu Inc., which was the “grand prize winner” of the inaugural 76West Clean Energy Competition and served as the company’s Chief Operating Officer for the last 8 years. Mike is considered an SME (Subject Matter Expert) in the areas of Big Data Analytics, Solution Sales Methodologies and Business Monetization Strategies with a successful track record of bringing new technologies to market.
Mike utilizes his passion for mentoring entrepreneurs to rapidly expand the presence of clean energy businesses budding in the Southern Tier. to ensure commercial success, create jobs and increase the critical presence of clean energy locally, nationally, globally.
Emma Baudendistel, Program Administrator
Emma Baudendistel provides extensive support to the Southern Tier Clean Tech Incubator, recruiting companies to the region and working directly with NYSERDA on grant milestones and the 76West program.
Emma works as a liaison between SCI member companies and other resources available. She coordinates access to the four other programs offered by the Office of Entrepreneurship and assists in office and lab acquisition.
Her multi-faceted talent pool is the perfect complement to a program with deep connections with surrounding manufacturers, universities as well as NYSERDA.
Additionally, she serves as a key coordinator in event planning and maintains the customer relationship management tool for the entire Office of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Partnerships.