The Southern Tier Clean Energy Incubator is one of six NYSERDA - funded incubators in New York State, whose mission is to provide critical resources to promote successful Clean Energy businesses.
Experts in the clean energy field work hands-on with member startups to ensure progress and maximize impact.
The program's connection with Binghamton University can match researchers and graduate students with SCI members . The XCEED program can pay for interns, the I-Corps program provides customer discovery grants, and the Startup-NY program can alleviate tax costs for ten years.
Out of State Members
76West Clean Energy Competition Finalists
The Southern Tier Clean Energy Incubator (SCI) program leverages deep research and development resources at Binghamton University and the Koffman Incubator to offer a full suite of mentoring, networking, training and technical support to emerging clean energy companies
Funded by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) SCI strives to start, attract, and grow clean energy companies to drive economic growth and further Governor Andrew M. Cuomo’s ambitious clean energy goals.
SCI is headquartered at the Koffman Southern Tier Incubator in downtown Binghamton, NY. The facility offers office space, wet and dry labs, conference rooms, co-working spaces and public reception areas. The Koffman serves as a central hub for clean energy entrepreneurial activity in the region.
Benefitsof becoming a SCI member
- Access to strategic mentors and connections
- Member-only grant opportunities
- Opportunity to take space at the Koffman Incubator
- Inclusion in a diverse business ecosystem
- Promotion of your company through multiple partner channels
Programsin which SCI members can access
- NSF I-Corps Program – Provides grants for customer discover up to $50,000
- XCEED – Provides and pays for interns from Binghamton University to progress your company while developing skills of their own.
- STARTUP-NY – Allows qualified companies to operate NYS tax-free for up to ten years when partnered with an affiliate university.
Become a Memberof the Southern Tier Clean Energy Incubator
- The SCI program is offered cost-free to companies. (A co-working membership or office space within the Koffman Incubator will be required)
- Applicants must be a legal entity with a clean energy focus within their business offerings or business model.
- Reach out to the team and inquire for an application.